Our method is a “whole child” approach found exclusively at Explore Horizons centers.
Our experiences show that achieving real academic progress requires your child to experience real gains in confidence. We help students become hungry for information, believe in themselves, and pursue knowledge with the spirit of a fearless learner.
- Up to two 75-minute individually tailored tutoring sessions per week with professional educators
- Drop in with no pre-booking required
- Customized plans aligned to the curriculum of your school district
- Preparation for test taking
- Regular open houses and one-on-one parent progress meetings
- Handwriting development for Elementary Success members
- Open homework clinics on Wednesday evenings
- Reserved one-on-one tutoring session per month to tackle identified challenges
INDIVIDUALIZED LEARNING SESSIONS
All members follow individualized learning programs in math, spelling, reading, and writing. They work on a variety of activities in each area, with a tutor on hand to ensure that they are being stretched and challenged at a level and pace that is right for them.
AN INSPIRING LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
A CULTURE OF PRAISE & REWARD
We provide a variety of short-term and long-term incentives to motivate children to give their best in every session. At the end of every learning session, children collect ‘lizard cards’ based on their achievement. These can be collected or redeemed for prizes.
At the end of their learning session, children are also rewarded with fifteen minutes of activities in the Recharge Zone. Here, we encourage children to engage with others, make new friends, and take part in some fun educational games.
During the course of the learning session, each child completes a variety of activities in different subject areas. At the end of each subject, a tutor will record the child’s score. These are then fed back to the parent at the end.
In the longer term, center managers hold regular meetings with parents to discuss each child’s progress and plan their learning pathway. Detailed reports help managers and parents track the academic achievements of each child and set new learning goals.