We are a Delaware Limited Liability Company (LLC) registered under the name Explore Horizons, Inc.; the address of our registered office is 1675 S. State St, Suite B, City of Dover, County of Kent, Delaware 19901. We are registered to do business in the State of Texas with the Office of the Secretary of State under the Assumed Name ‘Explore Horizons’ (File No. 801898031; File Date: 02/06/2014)
What personal information do we collect about you?
When you register an interest in Explore Horizons, the first step is to offer you a free in-person assessment. In order for us to contact you to arrange or confirm a free assessment, we will ask you for personal information at the time you register an interest, whether that be online or in person.
At the time of scheduling a free in-person assessment, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- your name;
- address/city of residence;
- email address;
- contact telephone numbers (including cell)
- We may also collect and process the following information about your child(ren):
- date of birth;
- school he/she attends;
- Reason for interest in tutoring
During your Free in-person assessment an Initial Assessment Feedback Form will be completed which will collect and process the following information:
- general parental feedback on which learning areas are of particular importance to you;
- specific feedback on what we have observed about your child’s ability during the assessment and recommended courses we will assign should you decide to join;
- any additional information deemed necessary to enable us to provide the best learning outcomes;
On signing up for a membership, we may collect and process the following additional information:
- any medical conditions, allergies, Special Educational Needs;
- details of credit/debit cards or bank accounts;
- Emergency contact details for at least one other adult and agreed names of authorized pick-ups;
- A photo of your child (members have the option of opting out of Explore Horizons using your child’s photo for any external use)
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal information will only be used for the purposes of arranging your free in-person assessment, processing your membership, providing you with information on products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
If you are simply browsing our website we will not collect any personal information which will identify you however, we will collect information using cookies and/or traffic data which uses IP addresses or other numeric identifiers which analyze navigation and use of the website.
Personal information collected will be retained by us for 10 years.
Who will your personal information be shared with?
We will not disclose your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
We will not share your personal information with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is necessary for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent.
We will only share your data with a third party under the agreement that they will be permitted to use it for our internal analysis only. They will sign a non-disclosure agreement to secure any data they are granted access to.
How we keep your personal information secure
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorized access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
Communication of Explore Horizons news or offers may be sent via letter or email to prospective members, current members or cancelled members. All customers are offered the option of unsubscribing from our email lists.
We may use your personal information to send you details of products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. This will be in accordance with the preferences that you indicated when you registered interest. In the event of not joining Explore Horizons or not arriving for your free in-person assessment, we may feel it is appropriate to contact you in order to reschedule the free in-person assessment or to gain feedback from you after a free assessment.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or mail) that we use to contact you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (469) 662 – 9862. Alternatively, you can also write to us at Explore Horizons, 5080 Spectrum Drive, Suite 1000 East, Addison, Texas 75001.
When your membership ends
Upon termination of membership, your data will be stored securely. We may contact you at any point in the future regarding your child’s ongoing academic needs. We may call you in order to gain feedback about your experience of your membership with us and also to offer you the opportunity of returning to our service and alerting you to any promotional offers or relevant curriculum that we feel may be of interest to you. We may email you for the same reasons.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note however that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
Further information about the types of cookies that may be used on this website is set out in the list below.
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from
- The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data
- To see our most popular sources of business
- To monitor and track the use of our member-only online services
Links to third party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your account or payment method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Access to Information
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at Explore Horizons, 5080 Spectrum Drive, Suite 1000 East, Addison, Texas 75001. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $15 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
Updates to this policy
We do sometimes update this policy from time to time by changing it on the website. You may therefore want to return here regularly to view our most up to date policy. This privacy and cookies policy was last updated in August 2015.